Sunday, August 22, 2010

8-23-10 Of Mice and Men: pages 1-25

In what we read this week, we met the two inseparable characters George and Lennie. George has to take care of Lennie because of his disabilities, but George is very controlling. For instance, when George makes Lennie give him the mouse and then he throws it. I completely disagree with the way George is always yelling at Lennie and telling him to shutup, but yet George knows and understands the responsibility of taking care of Lennie.

Then, of course, we meet "the boss". He definately finds that there is something suspicious about George and Lennie, but doesn't find out right away. Instead, he lines George and Lennie out and then goes about his own business. On the other hand, Curley, a young worker, is being mean and trying to make a conversation with Lennie and tellin them what to do.

George and Lennie are two charactes that are good together because of how they work through things together and make it on their own.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, and I think that Curley will cause alot of troubles for George and Lennie. I also think that Curleys wife will cause many issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to avoid summary. Instead explore the characters more deeply. Try to discuss why they are in the situation that they are in. What brought them to this point? Do you notice any foreshadowing, or any symbolism that give you some insight into what's going to happen?

    ReplyDelete