In this first section of Lord of the Flies, we met all of the main characters: Piggy, Ralph, and Jack.
Ralph and Jack both have something in common, they want to be the leader. But Piggy and Ralph are the complete opposite. They are foils of each other. Many of the other boys are just following the main characters and waiting for them to figure something out.
These boys first came together because Ralph and Piggy found the conch and called all of the boys to this area. I believe that the conch is going to symbolize something later in the book.
I found it surprising that the boys would want order too. I know if I was on an island with a bunch of people with no grown-ups around, I would be doing what ever I wanted to. But these kids don't want to do that. Ralph and Jack want to be in control and make all of the rules around the island. I also found it a little odd that Jack and his choir marched up so professionally. Were they actually on the plane before that, or were they already on the island?
Ralph and Jack both have something in common, they want to be the leader. But Piggy and Ralph are the complete opposite. They are foils of each other. Many of the other boys are just following the main characters and waiting for them to figure something out.
These boys first came together because Ralph and Piggy found the conch and called all of the boys to this area. I believe that the conch is going to symbolize something later in the book.
I found it surprising that the boys would want order too. I know if I was on an island with a bunch of people with no grown-ups around, I would be doing what ever I wanted to. But these kids don't want to do that. Ralph and Jack want to be in control and make all of the rules around the island. I also found it a little odd that Jack and his choir marched up so professionally. Were they actually on the plane before that, or were they already on the island?
No comments:
Post a Comment